The Information Technologies Department of IORAN has developed and installed a multi-domain web-server that allows to support a large number of domains and sites. By connecting additional third-level or second-level domains, it was possible to develop and launch individual Web sites for specific projects or departments within the WWW.OCEAN.RU portal, as well as local web services (intranet sites) that are the organization's internal information resource .
As a result, during the period 2007-2017 within the framework of the main domain of the Ocean.Ru project, the following information resources were developed and put into operation:
- the main portal of the Institute of Oceanology of the Russian Academy of Sciences named after P.Shirshov (ocean physics, marine ecology and biology, marine geology, marine engineering, the archive of scientific reports and technical documentation on the institute's activities, information on the research fleet and expeditions, current and Operative information, illustrative material).
- site of a scientific conference dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the Institute of Oceanology. The conference materials (reports and presentations) are placed on the website.
- site of the Scientific Coordination Oceanographic Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Information is provided about the projects carried out by the Coordinating Council within the framework of the Federal Target Program "World Ocean".
- site of the Atlantic Branch of the Institute of Oceanology of RAS (Kaliningrad). The main activities of the department, information about the scientific base "Baltic Spit", brief reports on the work carried out and the main results are presented.
- The site of the project "Pan-Arctic ice drifting expedition" (PALEX) 2007-2009, devoted to research of climate changes in the Arctic and presenting the diary of the current expedition in on-line mode, archives of diaries of previous expeditions, information about participants, and scientific reports About the carried out researches.
- site of the innovative project "Robotic moored measuring and information complex AQUAZOND". Developed within the framework of the topic "Unique Instrument Making" in 2008-2009. A general description of the design, design features, principles and schemes of data transmission and telemetry information, reports on the conducted expedition tests and preliminary results of works, plans for further development of the complex are presented.
- personal site of the VRIO of the scientific leader of the Institute of Oceanology of the RAS named after P.Shirshov R.I. Nigmatulin.
- personal site of the Assistant Director of the Institute of Oceanology Yu.N. Khaliullin. Developed in 2009- contains biographical information, bibliography, scientific and journalistic articles on the study and development of the World Ocean and the Arctic, as well as on topical problems of modern fundamental scienceHttp://ias.ocean.ru/esimo
- information portal, implemented in 2007 within the framework of the project "Unified Information System on the World Ocean" (ESIMO), implemented in the framework of cooperation with the Russian Federal Atomic Energy Agency. The site contains information about the expeditions of the Institute of Oceanology, expeditions data with the possibility of sampling and preliminary processing.
- an information portal within the framework of the project "Unified Information System on the World Ocean Situation" (ESIMO), carried out in the framework of cooperation with the Russian Federal Atomic Energy Agency. The portal is an autonomous application of the main information portal ESIMO, contains information on the level of development, the level of extraction of marine resources, minerals, fish resources in the coastal regions of the Russian Federation (in accordance with the administrative division approved by the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation).
- site of the Laboratory of Ocean Optics with color maps showing monthly averages of chlorophyll a concentration, scattering by suspended particles, and absorption of yellow matter in the Barents, White, Black and Caspian Seas, calculated from the satellite scanner SeaWiFS from 1998 to 2008 . Calculation algorithms and analysis of the results are given.
- internal information site (intranet site) containing reference data on the Institute of Oceanology, as well as address and phone book of the Institute's staff
- a site dedicated to dissertational works, defended at the Institute.
- a permanent site of the International Scientific Conference-School on Marine Geology. The site contains archives of conference materials for recent years.
- permanent site of the International Scientific Conference "Modern Methods and Means of Oceanological Measurements". The site contains archives of conference materials for recent years.
- a permanent site of the scientific conference "Ecosystem of the Kara Sea".
- site of the Black Sea experimental site, created on the basis of the Southern Branch of the IORAN. The site contains information about the landfill, the reporting documentation, supports the on-line data transfer.
- site of the project "Primary Productivity of the World Ocean". Contains the results of research over the past few years.
- site of the Laboratory of Geophysical Fields of the IOR
- site of the Laboratory for the Interaction of the Ocean with the Land and Anthropogenic Processes of the IOR
-site of the project "Investigation of intrusion separation and eddies in the Arctic basin"
- site of the project "ARGO"
- personal site of the Arctic researcher, doctor of biological sciences, IA Melnikov. The site contains a selection of scientific works of the author for the last 40 years.